>Universal Hospital Services (UHS) is a clinical equipment services company that helps health care organizations increase operating efficiencies by optimizing the equipment life-cycle. We help facilities access, manage and maintain medical equipment so that the clinical staff is better equipped to care ™ for patients.
- Manage 700,000+ pieces of medical equipment
- Works with 7,000+ Acute Care Hospitals & Alternate Site Providers
- Has 80+ District Service Centers throughout the U.S.
- Spent the last 75+ years proudly serving the healthcare industry
Get 24/7 access to the medical and surgical equipment you need, when you need it.
- The right rental program allows you to quickly access needed equipment serviced to the highest industry quality standards, generate on-demand reporting, and control costs.
- Quality & Safety
- Providing access to patient ready medical rental equipment, maintained to ISO 13485 quality standards.
- Trusted Local Service
- Count on UHS to provide the medical and surgical equipment you need, exactly when you need it, 24/7.
- Operational Regulatory Support
- Manage your medical rental equipment online and get easy access to on-demand reporting for regulatory compliance through MyUHS.
Optimize equipment readiness, caregiver productivity and patient safety with equipment management and maintenance solutions
- Certified technicians for full-or part-time on-site support
Clinical Engineering: Preventive maintenance and broken equipment create backlogs, reduce equipment availability and drive unnecessary capital purchases. Increase equipment uptime and ensure it is held to the highest quality standards.
- Supplemental Repair and Maintenance
- Get customized biomedical equipment services that support positive outcomes for both your patients and your business. Our solutions can scale from the repair and service needs of a single department up to an entire facility.
- Comprehensive Clinical Engineering Services
- Customized and comprehensive clinical engineering services for all hospital medical equipment maintenance and repair needs to drive effective, coordinated service across your entire facility. We do this by leveraging our vendor relationships and maintaining your equipment to the highest regulatory standards with ISO 13485.
- Compliance Support and Reporting
- Preventive maintenance and broken equipment create backlogs, reduce equipment availability and drive unnecessary capital purchases. Increase equipment uptime and ensure it is held to the highest quality standards.
On-Site Management:Reduce therapy delays and improve staff time spent in direct patient care with on-site programs and technicians.
- Medical Equipment Management Program
- Nurses spend approximately 20 minutes per shift searching for medical equipment. Not only is this valuable time spent away from patient care, but the inability to access the right equipment, when needed, can increase patient risk
- Medical Equipment Maintenance
- Managing the biomedical maintenance and repair of hospital medical equipment is challenging. In fact, many facilities spend over 8% of the total cost of equipment on service. What’s more, uncoordinated service management impacts hospital equipment availability and staff productivity.
- Surgical Equipment Management
- Unreliable, unclean surgical equipment can disrupt the efficiency and profitability of an OR. Even a short case delay can increase costs to a hospital by 39%. Not to mention the impact on staff productivity and the increased risk to patient safety.
Surgical Services: Worry-free access to cutting-edge surgical and laser technology. Expert technical support that keeps it all working.