The purpose of a Cost Analysis is to accurately analyze potential spend and savings related to conversion of existing purchases to the applicable GPO contracts.
To insure the best possible result for your cost analysis the following information should be included in any data provided for medical surgical, pharmacy or laboratory products, the data should be provided in Excel, one row per line item and separate columns for the following data elements
- Vendor/Distributor Catalog Number (if purchased through a distributor)
- Vendor/Distributor Name
- Manufacturer item number or
- For pharmacy “NDC” number
- Current Manufacturer Name
- Complete product description
- Designated Purchase Unit of Measure (BX, CS, EA, etc)
- Numeric Quantity contained in Unit of Measure (Eaches)
- Package detail for Unit of measure Qty (eg. BX of 10)
- Quantity purchased of Designated Unit of Measure
- Current or last paid price for Designated Unit of Measure
- Po / Invoice Date
- Hospital / Facility ID
- Hospital / Facility Name
- Annual Spend
- Hospital Item Number
The data set described above will provide the information to make a “moment in time” price comparison weighted by facility purchase history. Quantity purchase range of 6 months is normally sufficient to capture a quality representation of items purchased for Medical Surgical and Laboratory products, 3 months is normally sufficient for Pharmacy, 1 month for Food and Nutrition (as described further below). For pharmacy analyses, NDC is required.
We are also requesting an AP Spend report for the same time period as your data submission. This will assist us in evaluating your full spend and opportunities, as well as validating our analysis. (see example on data requirements template)
Data Format: Microsoft Excel spreadsheet (one row per item, each data element in a separate column) is the preferred format for the data provided. A separate spreadsheet for each type: 1) Medical Surgical and Laboratory, 2) Pharmacy, and 3) Nutrition is preferred. However, information can be provided in other formats if necessary, please communicate any special data formats prior to providing information.