Vizient is the nation’s largest member-owned health care services company. Backed by network-powered insights in the critical areas of clinical, operational and supply chain performance, Vizient™ empowers members to deliver exceptional, cost-effective care at every turn. Together with our members, we are fueling new business models and new approaches to care—all through the power of brilliant connectivity.
Vizient represents approximately $100 billion in annual purchasing volume and 2500+ contracts – the largest in the industry. By offering the most competitive contract portfolio for supplies and services, along with actionable analytics and expert advisory services, we are able to deliver significant return on members’ investments in operational and supply chain efficiency.
Vizient and MedAssets coming together has produced the industry’s leading pharmacy program
- Most competitive pharmacy portfolio
- Branded Pharmaceuticals
- NOVAPLUS/Generic Pharmaceuticals
- Comprehensive Clinical & Member Services Offering
- Comprehensive Drug Information Program
- Industry Leading Advisory Services
- Unparalleled Analytics & Audit Offerings
- Pharmacist Field Based Support Team
Bundle Payment Optimization
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) recently laid out its proposal for escalating use of bundled payments beyond total hip and knee arthroscopy (joint replacements). The plan introduces mandatory episode payment models for acute myocardial infarction (AMI, or heart attack) treated with or without percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI), coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) and surgical hip/femur fracture treatment (SHFFT). The latter effectively expands the scope of the agency’s Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement (CJR) initiative, launched earlier this year, to include patients that have femur repairs without hip replacement.
The only way that hospitals and health systems will be successful in moving from a volume-driven reimbursement system to one that promotes value and sustainable wellness is to meaningfully engage their core and key physicians in the effort. Rural Health Alliance through the Vizient relationship is able to provide members an unparalleled ability to align, restructure, and prepare for that brave new world ahead where success will be driven mainly by hospitals and physicians who share a common vision, purpose and understanding.
Lean is a principle-driven, tool-based management philosophy that focuses on identifying and eliminating waste while building quality and safety into processes.
- Raise patient satisfaction scores.
- Improve cash position
- Improve joint commission quality measures
- Increase capacity and revenue without increasing resources
- Reduce waiting and LWBS rates for services.
Sg2 is the health care industry’s premier provider of market data and information. SG2’s analytics and expertise help hospitals and health systems understand market dynamics and capitalize on opportunities for growth. Sg2’s SaaS-based EDGE platform provides National, Local Market and Organizational analytics for senior leadership and operating teams.
- Expert-based trend-tracking and intelligence
- Analytics to support market segmentation
- Forecasting future demand
- Voice of the customer education and insights
- Access to national contracts or master term agreements for categories such as General Consulting, Human Resources, and Information Technology Services.
- Life & Disability Services offers insurance for healthcare organizations’ employees for an average of 10% savings through our strategic partner, Insurance Point.
- Energy Cost Management offers savings on energy rates in de-regulated markets through our relationship with Health Resource Network.
- Support Services provides national master terms agreements with customer specific requirements. Categories of coverage include, outsourced food and nutrition, environmental services, patient transport, and call center laundry and lines, plan operations management, clinical equipment services.