RHA partners with the nations largest GPO, Vizient, which gives us access to their $100 billion in purchasing power. We partner with an aggregator that allows us to combine purchase volume to get the best price for our members.
Choice & Flexibility
RHA understands our members have preferred distributors and suppliers. With RHA, our members can choose their preferred distributors and suppliers to ensure complete member satisfaction.
Dedicated Client Service
Each member is assigned a dedicated client service representative, who will be your go-to person for any GPO or pricing questions you may have. Your representative monitors your pricing and manages your contracts so you don't have to.
RHA is member-owned and completely member-focused. We look to the member for input and feedback, and make sure they have a voice in our organization.
1983 - Met informally discussed DRG payment system
1987 - 1996 Received grant to form 501 e organization
- Rural Health Services Inc equipment program
- Developed shared equipment program
- Worked together to secure specialty physician coverage
- Initiated networking groups
- Shared staffing pools
- Telemedicine Network Grant
- Secure Data Exchange Grant
- Courier service
- Recruiting in partnership with Medisota
1996 – 2006 CEO’s developed purchasing program
- Standardized GPO
- Standardized Distributors
- Standardized Manufacturers
2007 - Joined Med Assets as a marketing affiliate
- Incorporated Rural Health Alliance as an LLC
- Started with 6 hospital owners
- Developed aggregated contracts
- At peak held 250 aggregated contract
- Increased ownership from 6 hospitals to 15
- Grew purchasing membership from 6 to 100+ Hospitals, Surgical Centers, Clinics, Nursing Homes
2016 - Vizient acquires Med Assets
- RHA becomes a Channel Partner at Vizient/Provista
- Started marketing to hospitality
- Membership grew from 100+ to 250+
2017 - RHA partners with Vanderbilt to provide aggregation program to membership
Today - RHA serves 400+ facilities in 36 States
“To provide a vehicle for ongoing communication, coordination, cooperation, integration, and unity of purpose for member health care entities. Improve patient care while containing health care costs, promoting access to and expanding health care resources in member systems. To do collectively what cannot be accomplished individually.”
RHA is delivering industry leading value for providers and the patients they serve through unique sourcing strategies that proactively aligns clinical input and sound business principles to deliver sustainable cost reductions. The RHA strategy is to utilize national, regional, and local contracts that ensure aggressive supply chain pricing to realize greater savings for our members and an increased bottom line, while maintaining quality and patient satisfaction.